SureSmile Orthodontic Treatment vs. Conventional Braces
By using customized SureSmile archwires, Dr. Chung’s treatment plan will move each tooth to the target position in a more direct path than traditional braces would. With the accuracy and efficiency of SureSmile, our office can provide a quality of treatment designed to produce high-quality results while you spend less time in braces.
1. SureSmile creates a 3D computer model of your bite by using advanced imaging technology to scan your teeth.
2. With the 3D model, Dr. Chung can see your teeth, the root of your teeth in your jaw bone, and how they all fit together from any angle.
3. Once your treatment plan is determined, SureSmile directs a robot to bend a Shape Memory Alloy archwire according to Dr. Chung’s prescription.
1. In traditional orthodontics, a doctor uses a plaster model and 2D X-rays to determine a general treatment plan.
2. The finishing positions for your teeth are developed over time by viewing progress during frequent monitoring visits.
3. Archwires are bent by hand at chairside during each appointment, which entails continuous readjustment over the course of treatment.