i-CAT Cone Beam 3D Dental Imaging System
The new i-CAT FLX is an amazing piece of technology we have added to our practice. This is the most advanced 3D digital X-ray available to dental professionals.
The i-CAT FLX allows us us to produce diagnostic records of our patients’ teeth, along with the supporting bones, jaws, and jaw joints. We can now see the 3D relationship of teeth with an incredible accuracy that was not possible before.
Going from 2D to 3D X-rays is almost like going from analog to digital technology. With 2D X-rays, we tended to miss pathologies and impacted teeth, and misdiagnosed teeth root angulation due to distortion of the image. With this technology, we are now able to provide you with the most accurate diagnosis and treatment possible.
We no longer need to take molds of teeth and bite. Instead, we can scan teeth in 3D in real time. Some of you who have gone through the process of gookey impression molds will appreciate this new feature.
The another benefit of i-CAT FLX is the significant reduction in radiation doses. In fact, the radiation is even less than conventional 2D X-rays. This ultra-low radiation 3D X-ray will be an additional safety benefit for taking X-rays on children. We are the only orthodontic office in the surrounding area to offer this ultra-low radiation X-ray.
The i-CAT Cone Beam 3D Imaging System allows Dr. Chung to provide quick, comfortable, and effective imaging for the most precise orthodontic diagnosis possible. i-CAT technology provides 3D data for:
- Orthodontic evaluation and treatment planning
- TMJ treatment
- Airway assessments and sleep apnea
- Full 3D images of face and jaw
- Impacted teeth or missing teeth
- Presence of pathologies
- Third molars’ positions
- Skeletal issues
- Precise root positions of each tooth
Patients can take advantage of a more complete orthodontic treatment with i-CAT imaging. Its innovative features include:
- One 20-second scan that provides us with enough data for a complete diagnosis
- A safer diagnosis with less radiation than traditional CT scanners
- Increased comfort: patients are seated in an open environment with plenty of space
- Dr. Chung can easily share the data with patients and referring doctors, so you stay informed and are able to make educated decisions on your course of treatment
Our office is pleased to offer i-CAT 3D imaging to our orthodontic patients. Come and see for yourself what it’s like to undergo a more advanced, patient-friendly orthodontic experience. Call us today to schedule an appointment.